About the Resource Alliance
The Resource Alliance works with non-profit organisations around the world to help them build their financial sustainability by building skills, knowledge and promoting excellence within civil society. An international charity headquartered in London with regional offices in India and Uganda, we aim to be the global network for fundraising, resource mobilisation and philanthropy.
Download our document About the Resource Alliance
We are a global charity with local impact. Our network of NGO leaders, fundraisers, governments, funders, academics and development practitioners stretches all the way around the world.
How do we help NGOs increase their fundraising capabilities?
Conferences and events
- Prestigious programme of events that bring together fundraisers from around the world – the International Fundraising Congress (IFC), the International Workshop on Resource Mobilisation (IWRM) and Fundraising Online
- NGO Awards, Fundraising Awards and the Global Award for Fundraising to recognise and celebrate outstanding achievement in fundraising and share best practice on a global scale
- At the Same Table – a series of workshops aimed at bringing together development professionals, fundraisers and philanthropists to foster effective collaboration and learning.
We run a series of training programmes aimed at strengthening the capacity and leadership of non-profits around the world, including:
- Emerge – designed to build the capacity of non-profits in the developing world so they are not wholly dependent on foreign aid
- Future Leaders Programme for Fundraisers – a unique 18-month programme to transform middle and senior fundraising managers into future leaders
- Tailored Capacity Development – a customised capacity development service that equips non-profits with the strategy, skills, knowledge and capacity needed to mobilise resources
- School of Fundraising – a series of fundraising courses aimed at increasing the number of skilled fundraisers around the world.
We provide a number of useful resources aimed at increasing knowledge and understanding,and inspiring change.
- The Resource Alliance Knowledge Hub – due to launch in October 2013, this will provide access to fundraising and philanthropy case studies, research, guides, blogs, videos, webinars, events and news
- Fundraising Research – a number of fundraising research projects have been commissioned, including the Blackbaud Global SONI survey
- Philanthropy Research – a number of philanthropy research projects have been hosted including the Bellagio Initiative, which sought innovative ideas for philanthropic action
- Our Footprints 2012 – a showcase of the impact of the Resource Alliance and how we build skills, knowledge and promote excellence within civil society
We are supported by internationally recognised trainers who share our mission to strengthen the non-profit sector worldwide and offer their skills, knowledge, passion and experience on a voluntary basis.
The Resource Alliance is a charity registered in England and Wales, with 501c3 status in the US and an international board.