Organised and run by the Resource Alliance, the NGO Awards, Fundraising Awards and Global Awards recognise and celebrate outstanding achievement in fundraising whilst setting aspirational standards and sharing best practice on a global scale.
Since the first awards programme was launched in 2004 in the Asia Pacific region, the programme has expanded and now includes the Global Awards (first awarded at the IFC in 2010) the India NGO Awards, and the Thailand NGO Awards.
The Global Awards for Fundraising
The Global Awards are the first international awards programme endorsed and supported by national fundraising associations from around the globe, who nominate the winners of national awards to compete against one another to be recognised with a Global Award.
The Global Awards in Fundraising are the first ever international awards programme, endorsed and supported by national fundraising associations from around the globe. The Awards draw together the winners of more than a dozen countries’ national award schemes to compete the very best against the best, winners against winners. Recommended award winners were entered by the national award's hosts that included the UK's Institute of Fundraising, the Fundraising Institute of Australia, associations in Europe and from India, Japan and Brazil. They honoured and celebrated fundraising while setting aspirational standards and best practice on a world-wide scale.
The first Global Awards were presented at the 30th International Fundraising Congress (IFC) in the Netherlands in October 2010.
Find out more about the Global Awards
The NGO Awards
The Resource Alliance has organised national NGO Awards programmes since 2004 in order to:
- Provide national platforms from which to promote good standards and practices in resource mobilisation, accountability and transparency
- Recognise and celebrate excellence in the non-profit sector
- Identify and strengthen successful resource mobilisation practices
- Create examples and inspiration for other non-profit organisations and promote cross-regional learning
- Promote the overall credibility of and trust in the non-profit sector for long term sustainability
- Strengthen civil society, through public recognition of best practice.
The NGO Awards celebrate and reward the best non-governmental and non-profit organisations by showcasing examples of best practice and successful resource mobilisation.
Find out more about the NGO Awards
The Resource Alliance promotes national fundraising awards programmes which raise standards and celebrate excellence in fundraising within a country, both those organised by national fundraising associations and our own national Fundraising Awards.
We are proud to support fundraising awards programmes in the following countries:
- Australia - The Fundraising Institute Australia organises the FIA National Awards for Excellence in Fundraising
- France - L'Association Francaise des Fundraisers organises Les Prix du Fundraising
- Ireland - Fundraising Ireland organises the Irish Fundraising Awards
- Italy - The Festival of Fundraising organises the Italian Fundraising Award
- New Zealand - The Fundraising Institute of New Zealand organises the New Zealand Fundraising Excellence Awards
- Spain - The Asociación Española de Fundraising organises the Premios Fundraising Awards
- UK - The Institute of Fundraising organises the Institute of Fundraising National Awards
If you would like your national awards programme added to this list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about fundraising awards