Social impact innovation
What can aerospace, outer space, pipelines, submarines, and science teach us about fundraising and social impact innovation?
NGOs are, by nature, innovative. They take risks, attempt social change, and create social impact on limited budgets with limited staffing. But how do you truly leverage that innovation for greater social impact? This hands-on workshop will give social impact fundraisers a chance to use proven, practical ways to find innovative solutions they can apply in their organisations.
Participants will be walked through proven techniques from the commercial sector that teach you to get prototypes out the door, fail or succeed fast, and constantly improve your great idea. The session will show you what makes great ideas work in the market, give you strategies to make great ideas better, and demonstrate how to measure and report on the progress and benefits from innovation.
During the workshop, you will:
- Review the best that nonprofit and commercial innovation has to offer the social impact sector and how to put it to work for you
- Identify the secret sauce that helps develop and foster the right kind of innovation – and to help you tell if it’s working
- Work in breakout groups to explore real-world examples to learn hands-on what it takes to innovate to make the world a better place
- In small teams, create your own social impact innovation for marketing and fundraising
- Present your innovation idea in a Dragon’s Den-style competition