Beyond the hype: What really works in digital fundraising and social media
About this session
Social media was once promised as the silver bullet for nonprofits. Start posting, start tweeting, start Instagramming – and like magic, the donations will just roll in!
As we now know, this is not the case. In our current attention economy, organic (unpaid) reach is down, social media algorithms prioritize updates from friends and family over businesses and brands, and millions upon millions of pieces of content are uploaded every single day.
For nonprofits to effectively raise money and build community on social media requires thoughtful, strategic, and consistent effort and a boatload of creativity.
Join Julia Campbell, international speaker and nonprofit trainer and Josh Hirsch, the Director of Mission and Communication at Susan G Komen Florida, for a step-by-step guide to discover the secrets of fundraising success in the digital age.
In this interactive workshop, we will share examples of social media campaigns that really worked for small and mid-size nonprofits (beyond charity:water), as well as provide a detailed guide to what works in digital fundraising and how to implement it at your nonprofit.
Digital fundraisers will walk away with new ideas and inspiration, as well as a one-page strategy for improving and up-leveling their current efforts on social media.
- Digital fundraisers
- Small charities and nonprofits
- Mid-size charities and nonprofits
- How to navigate changes and trends in the social media landscape – what fundraisers need to know
- How to use social media to build relationships with current donors and prospects
- How to leverage these powerful tools to drive donations and raise money
- Free and low-cost tools you can use to enhance your digital fundraising on a shoestring budget
- Real-world examples and case studies from small and mid-size nonprofits.